Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chooks Anyone-South Lincolnshire  (Read 1914 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Chooks Anyone-South Lincolnshire
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:45:37 am »
We really need to scale down...Anyone out there want to make an offer for any of our chickens?

After around five years of keeping a largish flock of around 120 free ranging hens, hybrids and pure and some rescues, I'm scaling right down to just some backyard chickens to serve me and friends/neighbours with eggs. I had a successful egg round but can't compete with the lower prices and convenience of supermarkets.

I have...

Pure Bred -Black Copper Maran (Dark caramel eggs), Cream Legbar (blue and green eggs), White Wyandotte (white eggs), Welsummer (mid brown eggs), Silver Grey Dorking (white eggs)
Hybrid - Speckledy (speckled eggs), Nera (like Black Rock-laying tinted eggs), White Star (white eggs), ExBatts and Warrens (tinted/flesh colour eggs) and some crosses of the pure breds namely the latter three with each other and an amorous ExBatt. Some pretty birds resulting, one that looks like a chicken of prey!
Also have a breeding pair of Silver Grey Dorking (with an exBatt thrown in-took up residence and wants to stay!), a breeding trio (may be quattro) of Welsummer and lots of Silver Grey Dorking Cockerels!

If anyone is interested send me a PM and we can talk more. :chook:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 08:27:48 am by Pedwardine »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Giving Up Chooks-Well Almost.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 09:49:03 am »
Where are you?

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Re: Chooks Anyone-South Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 08:30:19 am »
Hi guys, had no response to this posting other than Rosemary asking me to state where I'm located. Is anyone out there interested in taking some of these birds? All good layers although obviously the pure bred girls are more seasonal.

earlybird

• Joined Jun 2012
Re: Chooks Anyone-South Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 08:45:37 am »
hi i would like to know where you are and prices please, im from kirton nr boston

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS