Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: angus show 8&9 of june  (Read 9400 times)

robert waddell

angus show 8&9 of june
« on: May 27, 2012, 11:33:32 am »
as title Angus show this is held in a notable pig production area and is your chance as a small scale breeder to have your pigs on display and be judged by sandy meikeljohn a very prominent and noted breeder of pedigree pigs  the pig showing is being held on the Saturday and the sausage comp is being held on the Friday if you want to enter either one or both comps contact Lil on here or through the spka web site   no use standing back and saying i have better at home get them entered washed and shown and join in the fun
 :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig:

robert waddell

Re: angus show 8&9 of june
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 08:16:22 am »
only a week to go get those entrys in  :farmer:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 02:29:07 pm »
Blast! All the interesting stuff is on the Saturday, when I'm working... :(

Or do I misinterpret the website? It looks as if only the tractor pulling and "light legged classes" (whatever that is) happens on the Friday!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:31:11 pm by Ina »

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 03:21:52 pm »
"light legged classes" (whatever that is) happens on the Friday!

Light horses  ;D

robert waddell

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 03:25:50 pm »
tractor pulling :thumbsup:
sausage comp :thumbsup:
dance with a wee swallie :thumbsup:   all on friday

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:27:50 am »
"light legged classes" (whatever that is) happens on the Friday!

Light horses  ;D

Ah well - no chance for me then to compete!  ;D

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:28:55 am »
tractor pulling :thumbsup:
sausage comp :thumbsup:
dance with a wee swallie :thumbsup:   all on friday

Shame. I want to see a bit of livestock...

princesspiggy

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 12:09:12 pm »
we cant as we are off to fyvie castle country fair with cattle and  pigs. shame tho cos we were looking forward to it.

robert waddell

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 08:02:02 pm »
oh that is a pity   don't know about the rest of the show but our pigs will be there on the Friday :farmer:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 08:41:34 am »
I'm still trying to find out what is actually happening at the show on Friday. According to the programme, the gates are open to the public at 2pm; you'll be charged £5, but nothing happens until the tractor pulling at 6pm. There must be something?!?!? ???

(The info for the livestock people only says that you can bring in your goats on the Friday - nothing said about anything else...)

princesspiggy

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:42 am »
i think there was scarecrow competitions and stuff like that, i was looking forward to it, but fyvie is soo much closer. gales forecast apparently?? emmerdale cast are going to fyvie, hopefully a hotty one and not an oldy...lol

robert waddell

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 01:43:53 pm »
Ina don't bother with what is written the baking competition is on Friday the sausage comp is on Friday
princess is it a demo of the pigs i read  somewhere it was chadrak that was going ;) :innocent: :farmer:

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 02:02:48 pm »
Sheep Shearing competion and wool crafts demonstrations on the Saturday afternoon. The pld man runs the shearing so I better make an apperance! Didn't realise that there were pigs on show as well, That will cheer the better half up!
It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

robert waddell

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 02:07:50 pm »
i am sure it has been in all the publicty for the show :farmer:

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 08:13:59 pm »
i am sure it has been in all the publicty for the show :farmer:

Which publicity? Haven't seen anything... And I work in Brechin, if only one day per week! And there's nothing on the website. I'm sure that people who've been going every year for the past 3 decades or so know what to expect, but as a relative newcomer I can't afford to go that far on the off chance there might be something interesting on...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS