Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: theres always something  (Read 4649 times)

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
theres always something
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:06:23 pm »
just when you think its all sorted........ went down to feed 2 KKs this evening,,, called them, nothing, rattled the tin feed bin lid, nothing, then one struck his head out of the shelter, called him, nothing, went to them instead chucked some rolls down, not interested, thought somethings wrong here.... walked about a bit went to the duck pen...... laying boxes tipped over, feed bin tipped over, thats it theyve found a way in and  pigged out on layers pellets........ got to rethink that tommorow..... theres always something.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: theres always something
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:29:55 pm »
You're right enough there Harry - got back from the show this evening (with my prize-winning KKs  ;)  ) to find my OH's OSB piglets had helped themselves to the last bag of my KK feed - arrrrgh!
Oh well, guess my KKs will have to have some extra treats now to make up for it  ;D
 :love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 09:50:26 pm »
prizewinning? Congratulations Beewyched, and your piggies!

Harry, hope the greedy little swine have no ill effects :)
Little Blue

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 07:16:11 am »
So true Harry.
First thing yesterday the dog and I chased down 2 escaped rabbits - we then walked to our nearest village and bacl ( 11 km) - washed and rehydrated  only to discover 2 piglets had charged thru the fence.  We found them on the edge of a field snorting around but 3 deer ran out and spooked the pigs - 1.5 hours before I walked the piglets home - shattered, sore and fed up becuase I got to do none of the jobs I had planned.
There is always something that seems to crop up - someone on this site once said that the "things to do list" always goes thru the window when you have animals.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 08:11:49 am »
Sitting in the front garden this morning (yes we do still have one, only about a quarter of it has been taken over by the animals  ;D ) I can't think of anything better ...
MAK - I know what you mean, the "to do list" is ever growing & the best made plans rarely happen, but we can never say life is boring!

Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Polished Arrow

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Forest of Dean
  • www.cinderhilllfarm.com
    • www.cinderhillfarm.com
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 12:10:33 pm »
Well, I have done all the urgent things on the list, as well as all the regular things, and now I am going to take a book (Magnus Mills' Restraint of Beasts - appropriate for this thread, eh?!) into the hammock in the shade of our eucalyptus tree and read  :wave:

I may be gone sometime  :D
www.cinderhillfarm.com

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

robert waddell

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 12:47:07 pm »
from the brief synopses it must have been like some of the places i work and the characters i worked with
original stories and characters in the building trade  would it be a seller would it be adapted for TV
i will mull it over :farmer:

Polished Arrow

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Forest of Dean
  • www.cinderhilllfarm.com
    • www.cinderhillfarm.com
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 07:23:17 pm »
from the brief synopses it must have been like some of the places i work and the characters i worked with
original stories and characters in the building trade  would it be a seller would it be adapted for TV
i will mull it over :farmer:

I would think it would be a wonderful tv play/mini-series.  Not many roles for wimmin, mind  :D   [size=78%]I wasn't sure about the last line, funnily enough.[/size]

Once I wrote to Graham Greene when I thought a film took liberties with a book ending of his (Dr Fischer of Geneva) to ask what he thought about them changing it.  He replied personally (I could see why he needed a good (sub)editor!) to explain that he was not unhappy with the change as the film makers had shown him different scenarios and he had to agree it made better film viewing than the original.  Generous attitude, I thought.

www.cinderhillfarm.com

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

robert waddell

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 08:24:04 pm »
not many roles for wimmin eh     one site at easterhouse the Glasgow parks dept were doing a landscape job and the excavator operator said to me watch there van at break time (they had a woman on the squad )
sure enough the woman was sat in front and when they had stopped eating she gets in the back and all have deserts
another site the sales lady for the houses was a ministers daughter  the foreman joiner was nailing her
gleeson was a very progressive company and employed female site engineers
and another archaeological site in Glasgow it was mostly girls and all nationality's     just received a book about the dig from the girl that was in sole charge with a very nice hand written thank you page
and that is just the west  the wimmin in the east could be worse
in the mornings everybody was dour faced and depends on where i was working would buy a paper and nibbles  the attendant would always ask do you want a bag for that     and quick as a flash how are winnin that bad round here :farmer:

jellybean

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 02:04:50 pm »
You're right enough there Harry - got back from the show this evening (with my prize-winning KKs  ;)  ) to find my OH's OSB piglets had helped themselves to the last bag of my KK feed - arrrrgh!
Oh well, guess my KKs will have to have some extra treats now to make up for it  ;D
Yu need to keep your feed bags in an old van or a locked shed away from rodents, or a shipping container......Pigs that over eat waste your money.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 10:16:38 pm »
Yu need to keep your feed bags in an old van or a locked shed away from rodents, or a shipping container......Pigs that over eat waste your money.
Believe me JB, the feed is usually locked-up, but ...
1.  Customer collecting pigs at 1.30am
plus
2.  Getting up at 6.00am
plus
3.  Leaving for show at 7.30am
= forgetting to put lock on gate  :-[

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 08:33:34 am »
My saga continues - we still have no car and have run out of pig nuts. They had penne pasta and eggs yesterday. We made our last laof of bread last night (that should keep my daughter ( visiting us) happy).
The duck I killed for dinner the other night was tuff as buggerry and we both got attacked by a rabbit when trying to lock her up for the night. Rabbit in red wine tonight but we are pretty much out of the fancy ingredients to jazz up meals.

Oh- my neighbpurs dry stone wall fell down when I was cutting the grass back on my side of the wall !

No beer left  >:(
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr

Maesgwyn

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 08:53:40 am »
We know what you mean, when we moved the piglets we were very novice and thought the young would follow their mother, no way all 13 went 13 different ways and it took hours to catch them all again. Funny afterwards but not at the time. All other jobs on the list that day were shelved as one of the places they were hidding was behind a hive full of very angry bees (queenless but now sorted) and we could not go out of the house for ages after that without the fear of being stung!!!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2012, 10:03:32 am »
The to do list justs gets longer and something always goes wrong.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 03:44:06 pm »
13 escaped piglets and 70,000 angry bees !! At what stage do we throw the towl in and settle for a bit of shopping and an overpriced coffe and muffin? - not sure that I could have coped with that.
Oh - I've given up for the afternoon as its hot and sticky ( 31) with storms brewing. Blow it - there is always tomorrow. 
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS