Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lesmahagow Show  (Read 2421 times)

lill

• Joined May 2011
Lesmahagow Show
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:51:34 am »
There is still time to enter the show with pigs  :pig: :pig: and enter the sausage comp, Alasdair Fletcher will be our sausage judge, John Wreakes for the pigs he is also a well respected saddleback breeder and I am sure any prospective breeder would find his advice invaluable, come along and have fun and if time permits you could have a go at exhibiting a pig in the show ring.

HappyHippy

Re: Lesmahagow Show
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 11:17:02 am »
Yeah, c'mon folks  ;)   ;D

Drymen show's been cancelled (it's normally on the same day) and we've ordered the sunshine, so come along and see the pigs (only the second ever show in Scotland) sample some of The Gow's hospitality and meet Mr Happy Hippy on the gate  :thumbsup:

It's gonna be a goodie - see you all there I hope  :wave:
Karen x

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 05:04:55 pm »
still time to enter pigs  and the sausage comp is entries on the day right up to 10.30 in the morning
remember you got to be in it to win it  entry forms on the spka website or contact Lillian :farmer:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 05:25:44 pm »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:09:42 pm »
I think it was something to do with not applying for their entertainment licence in time  ???
But I could be wrong, so don't hold me to it  ;)

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 07:55:54 pm »
it is environmental health that shut them down  the show field is supposed to be clear of animals for 21days to 30 days  last year 4 cases of e coli were traced back to drymen show
IT looks like this could be the end of the small agric show :farmer:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 09:37:02 pm »

When is the show?
Anne

robert waddell

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 09:44:04 pm »
this saturday  :farmer:

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »
it is environmental health that shut them down  the show field is supposed to be clear of animals for 21days to 30 days  last year 4 cases of e coli were traced back to drymen show
IT looks like this could be the end of the small agric show :farmer:

Every show field is supposed to be clear of all cloven hoofed animals for 28 days before a show is held (I think horses are ok). The only exception is auction markets as they can be disinfected. It's why it is so hard to hold shows now.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS