Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hatching turkey/duck eggs  (Read 2741 times)

gapcap

• Joined Jun 2009
hatching turkey/duck eggs
« on: May 21, 2012, 06:24:30 pm »
I've just bought an r com king suro 20 incubator,what I'm wondering is it possible to put both turkey and duck eggs in together,or would there be a problem with humidity?  Thanks

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: hatching turkey/duck eggs
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:28:55 pm »
hi
depends onwhat hatch rate you want and whether you mind
we've just done turkeys and chickens- but had to be careful around chicken hatching time
the turkeys did come early and that may have been why

gapcap

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:10:47 pm »
As we're only managing one turkey egg a day,(have 7 now) was thinking of just putting the duck eggs in with them rather than waiting till we have enough turkey eggs as worried they might be getting a bit "old",if that makes sense!!

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 07:37:16 pm »
goforit
nothing lost
 :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey: gained
Mx

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 10:56:10 am »
I don't put different species of poultry together in the same incubator. I do put different breeds of bantams etc in but not different species. I know that ducks and turkeys have the same incubation time and very similar humidity levels but personally, I wouldn't risk it. Unless you aren't bothered about the hatch rate that is. If you aren't, then have a go. You will probably have hatchings, but maybe not as many. I would be interested to hear what you decide.  ;)

Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 12:31:37 pm »
I would have thought hatching them tog was OK....rearing them in one brooder????

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS