Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Scottish Orchards Gathering?  (Read 1722 times)

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Scottish Orchards Gathering?
« on: May 20, 2012, 10:35:03 am »
 (I tried to submit this as an event, but found it too difficult... Finally gave up when it came to the location - well, it's not my event, I don't know which house it is in! But I think some TAS members might be interested; so here's the full text I was sent.)

The Scottish Orchards Gathering

The Conference Room, Royal Edinburgh Botanic Gardens, 20A Inverleith Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5LR
 10am – 3.30pm Saturday 16th June 2012 (free)
 (followed by Scottish Orchards AGM at 3.30pm -4pm)

Orchards and fruit growing is really taking off in Scotland, and we are inviting people from the many communities, schools, plus individual farmers and gardeners, cider and jam makers to come together, to learn from each other and to network.
 The theme of the day will be to look at how fruit growing is developing across different parts of Scotland at local and regional levels – and to identify opportunities to work together and share ideas, skills and knowhow.  The day will be of interests to everyone with an interest in fruit growing in Scotland, young and old, expert and novice.

Speakers from across a Fruitful Scotland,
 A range of useful and entertaining workshop
 Tour of the new Botanics Fruit Garden,
 Fruitful Skills, Arts and events,
 Fruitful Schools, and getting children growing.

Please bring stuff for the marketplace – photos, leaflets, produce. If you’d like to do a wee talk./ workshop then please let us know.

We are trying to arrange car shares and minibus where possible – so please contact us if you need transport or can provide transport. Contact Sheila re this sheilakupsch@gmail.com

Lunch is to be a “potluck” please bring food to share. If anyone would like to organise an informal lunch – ie a bowl of soup etc  - on the day, that would be really welcome.

Please note – the Gathering is open to anyone interesting in fruit growing. While we’d encourage you to join Scottish Orchards – you don’t have to be a member to come along.

Please book at eventbrite at http://scottishorchards.eventbrite.co.uk/

Note we are restricted to 80 places – so please book early.

Queries to John@scottishorchards.com 0778 606 3918

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS