Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 12 volt timer switch for lights in the chicken shed etc.  (Read 2499 times)

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
12 volt timer switch for lights in the chicken shed etc.
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:56:55 pm »
TLC electrical wholesalers have a 12 volt time clock / switch in ther equipment range.

I think it is programmable for several events per day and think it can switch up to 10 amps. Cost was £29 less + VAT
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: 12 volt timer switch for lights in the chicken shed etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:51:52 am »
I hunted for ages to get a 12V timer switch to give the hens some extra light in Winter Plantoid. Cost £47 inc delivery about 4 years ago. Excellent unit in a fully sealed box and an internal battery which kept the clock going for weeks after I removed the external battery. Bought it from a chicken equipment supplier and I can't remember which one. Only problem I had was red mite getting behind it so I ended up sealing it to the coop wall with Silicone.

After a year or so we stopped putting the light on, as the cost of the replacement bedding and extra feed was the same as the value of the eggs. They used to make a real mess in the coop in the few hours before they were let out.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS