Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A very proud Mummy!  (Read 2725 times)

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
A very proud Mummy!
« on: May 18, 2012, 07:05:14 pm »
Hi all horsey people!
I am quite new on here and have been more on the pig forum as have 2 weaners and first time keeping piggies, but thought it was time I said hello on the horsey bit. I have 3 ponies - a mimi shetland, a welsh cross and a shetland cross.
Last week my daughter had a lesson and after being desperate for me to 'be beside her' was let loose on her own! Her and her friend had their first canter and we went out in the afternoon for their first independant hack (mums riding instead of walking!) What a breakthrough and a great riding instructor is worth a million pounds!
Will try and post a photo (and if I manage) I am on the left and my daughter is on the wee dark bay
Look forward to chats!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:07:51 pm by ppd »

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: A very proud Mummy!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 07:37:36 pm »
Well done to your daughter and great that you have had a hack together :)

Rokx

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:26:44 pm »
Brilliant :D Your daughter looks very relaxed about it all :)

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 07:55:13 am »
Wow, well done :).

Totally agree that a good instructor is worth a LOT. I am going through a few confidence issues and my instructor is fab!

Helen

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 09:49:00 pm »
Helen, I  have confidence issues too and don't ride much now at all and when I was told we were going for a hack, I thought it was the kids and we would be walking. It then dawned on me that I would be riding. I would have loved to see the look on my face when I walked round the corner to see my 'mount' (all 17hh of him!!!) :o But he was so good, thank goodness, because that looked a long way down.........!

NickiWilliams

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 03:26:21 pm »
PPD, yay!!! for you all a breakthrough indeed!! Congratulations. We're new on here too, just moving up to a bigger small holding but have had horses for a million years and am BHSII qualified so completely agree about getting the right instructor to impart learning in the right way. Sounds like you're all well on your way!! Great to hear and thank you for the pic. Would be really interested to hear all your progress!  :wave:

Helen, it is all about the confidence - keep going with it! Great to hear your stories  ;D

Kindest regards. Nicki x

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 06:43:51 pm »
Thank you all!
We had our first show yesterday at the new pony club (and only her third show in total) and had a wonderful day out - we entered evey class that she could, so very tired last night! Looking at her rosettes this morning,  Josey was thinking at the next show she needed to get more a. pink ( a special in a class that she wasn't placed) and b. orange (7th I think and because she likes the colour) to add to her collection - I just stood there thinking - I hope she always feels she did her best, enjoys a fun day out and thinks her pony is fab and never mind the colour  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS