Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Coloured Ryelands  (Read 7374 times)

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
Re: Coloured Ryelands
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 02:13:24 pm »
But my Greyfaces still have that little 'something' extra ........ as Hazelwood knows

Yup: horrible feet!  But a lovely temperament.  The GFDs at Builth were laid-back like mine
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 04:01:03 pm »
That's good news. Have you thought about showing them in the local shows this year or is it your Grey Faced Dartmoors?

Definately taking the GFDs but I MIGHT take a Ryeland too........ just worried about the "trimming" malarky  ;D
Coloured do not have to be trimmed as extensively. If it is a lamb wash & tidy face & tail . Try it the show bods will soon put you right. Try out one of the very small shows. :thumbsup:
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 04:40:20 pm »
That's good news. Have you thought about showing them in the local shows this year or is it your Grey Faced Dartmoors?

Definately taking the GFDs but I MIGHT take a Ryeland too........ just worried about the "trimming" malarky  ;D
Coloured do not have to be trimmed as extensively. If it is a lamb wash & tidy face & tail . Try it the show bods will soon put you right. Try out one of the very small shows. :thumbsup:
Ok, if the coloureds don't have to have all that trimming and whathaveyou, then I'll have a go with a lamb  ;D    Do they go in AO Lowland????
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 06:03:51 pm »
Could be.  I would check with the show organisers and they should put you right.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:05:42 pm by kaz »
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS