Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Electric Dog Fence For Sale-as new and unused.  (Read 3426 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Electric Dog Fence For Sale-as new and unused.
« on: May 15, 2012, 09:53:49 am »
Hi, we have an electric dog fence currently for sale on Ebay which covers up to 7 acres with collars for three large dogs. We're getting very little response as it appears most people only have a back garden or slightly bigger to cover and don't NEED all the kit available. We paid around £750 for it and would be happy with half of that if anyone is interested. I'll withdraw it from Ebay if you are. The weight for postage is about 25kg which will cost £16 to send anywhere in the UK.
The ebay listing ID is 180879442045 if you want more details plus there's a link to the site of the company we got it from. It's a Performance series.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 12:05:47 pm by Pedwardine »

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: Electric Dog Fence For Sale-as new and unused.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47:37 pm »
Can you tell me honestly.....because I an interested but don't have spare cash to burn.....does it really truthfully work????  Why are you selling it?
Can it be laid around very very undulating ground including woodland?
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:09:00 pm »
Hi Woollyval,
It does have a good reputation for working but we never used it in the end as our dog we predominantly got it for had a jumping accident (impaled herself on some spiked railings :o)  shortly before we were due to install. She still occasionally sneaks out but isn't anywhere near as inclined as she used to be. Another dog was too stupid to escape on his own and only followed her out when she escaped. The third died of cancer. It just wasn't essential anymore so we never installed it.
Best bet is to check it out on the website which is www.dogfence.co.uk

Hope that helps you decide yay or nay. Perhaps someone out there has more experience of actually using this particular system and can offer more feedback on it's success?
Have to say I've had a 'not great but it may have to suffice' offer from someone through Ebay and am currently waiting on a call from them on my mobile to discuss further so get in touch fairly quickly if you are AT ALL interested before I reluctantly settle for what they're offering.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:10:07 pm »
Well..... looking on ebay there are lots of them  :o I could get one for lots less...but feel for your predicament! I need to talk to a few folks about the feasibility of it here....so let it go  :thumbsup: would not want to lose you a sale by dithering!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 06:55:04 am »
Ok WV. Thanks for looking into it anyway.

powispigs

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Shropshire
    • Powis Pigs
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 10:27:52 am »
So wish I had seen this sooner! Just bought a property with 10 acres and was wondering how I was going to keep my Great Dane from wondering off and getting lost!  :(

dixie

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 10:47:28 am »
They do work, my friend has it, they have 5 dogs that are now enclosed inside a couple of acres. we looked into it but it wasn't quite right for our set up, rather than stop the dogs getting out we needed to stop them getting in to our paddocks, electric fencing on the outside of paddocks works for us.  Hope you find a home for it.

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 09:47:31 am »
Hi guys,
have had to settle for an offer of £250 for it  :'( so no longer available. Need the dosh right now so couldn't wait. Thanks for the interest.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS