Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Proud of my boy!  (Read 1821 times)

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
Proud of my boy!
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:50:59 pm »
I sent my I.G. Cockerel (From a very lovely person on here!) to a friends for a holiday to visit her IG and LS girls. They have had a 100% hatch rate!

We got 100% off him from our own eggs (x Faveral and LS). Very proud as he is just a year or so old and they dont always have goos fertility.

Planning next hatch now!
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Proud of my boy!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:46:37 pm »
 :thumbsup:  :chook:

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 07:48:39 pm »
I'm proud of our Scots Grey boy too, and his girls. I've sold eggs through here and some batches have been 100% successful. We've also just hatched out 16 eggs out of 24 in an incubator. Its just a pity he's such a grumpy git most of the time, very protective of his girls!!

Fowlman

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:08:06 pm »
I hope you got your stud fees  ;D
Tucked away on the downs in wiltshire.

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 07:49:28 am »
Yay go your boy! ( and ladies!!) It's annoying when you have a feisty boy, we used to have a cross bred cockerel many years ago, had to have a massive water pistol to keep him at bay when you fed them!

Am having an IG and cream legbar hen as stud fee!! Just have to wait till they r a bit bigger to take them home!!

Prob wasn't a fab idea loaning him out for biosecurity reasons, all her birds are vaccinated and did isolate him for a short time, prob not long enough really though. All seams ok so hopefully got away with it!

Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 10:52:42 am »
We must give the girls a lot of credit too. Like most creatures, they do far more than the boys  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS