Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Football  (Read 1836 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
The Football
« on: June 25, 2012, 02:49:34 pm »
Just back from a trip out to buy feed for the animals. Was listening to radio 2 and the talk was all about last nights match and the lack of being able to score penalty goals. its is easy for people to run the players down but when you are in all that pressure it is hard to believe you can do it.
When I was doing cross country competitions with Sabrina we started with a charity event that is held every April. and finished the season at the same place with the team chase.I had a thing about one of the fences and always took the easy option. Ronald's Sofa is just that. A large wooden fence that looks like a sofa. I always chickened out until I bought a book Ride With Your Mind. (think that is the right title ) I called it my yellow bible and would spend hours going through it during the season. One of the tricks in the book was as you were approaching a fence that worried  you was to imagine you were sitting on a huge tube of toothpaste and as you came up to the fence squeeze the tube as hard as you could to get over the fence. Sounds dead stupid but believe me it worked a treat. I would count down the strides to the fence and tell myself to squeeze the toothpaste and after years of not doing the sofa we did with a huge yippee from me. Jump judge was in stitches. When doing a dressage test I would ride as if there were things holding my legs down so was able to sit deep in the saddle and ride a better test. I use the same practice when going to the dentist which scares the living daylights out of me. To do anything well you must believe you can and that means trusting yourself.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: The Football
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:24:48 am »
Well said, Sabrina :thumbsup:  I was told when facing a tricky fence out hunting "Throw your heart over first, the rest of you will follow." It worked :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS