Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: looking for a shearer..  (Read 3222 times)

clathy

• Joined May 2012
looking for a shearer..
« on: May 10, 2012, 11:50:32 pm »
Hello, we are the proud new keepers of two coloured Ryeland ewes with lambs at foot and are based between Perth and Crieff in Tayside. I was wondering if anyone knew of a shearer in our area who would be willing to come to do only 2. Also what would be a reasonable price to pay for this?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: looking for a shearer..
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:34:01 am »
We're in Carnoustie and have a small flock of coloured Ryelands. I'll PM you the details of our shearer - he might come out to you.

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:22:18 pm »
If you are still looking for a shearer try the local machinery ring. They will have a list of a few shearers in yoyr area. Having only two will make it hard to attract someone but if you are willing to to stick them in a trailer and take them to a local farm on shearing day them you'll easy get them done. I would come and do them myself but being based in aberdeenshire it's simply too far for only a couple. The only time i'm in that area is for the lochearnhead shearing competition which is normally early july. Should anyone in Aberdeenshire or angus need a shearer this year please get in touch. I can easily take on a few wee lots for evenings and weekends.
It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:12:28 pm »
Hi Dougal will PM you!

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 09:07:36 am »
If you are still looking for a shearer try the local machinery ring. They will have a list of a few shearers in yoyr area. Having only two will make it hard to attract someone but if you are willing to to stick them in a trailer and take them to a local farm on shearing day them you'll easy get them done. I would come and do them myself but being based in aberdeenshire it's simply too far for only a couple. The only time i'm in that area is for the lochearnhead shearing competition which is normally early july. Should anyone in Aberdeenshire or angus need a shearer this year please get in touch. I can easily take on a few wee lots for evenings and weekends.

Hi Dougal did you get my PM?

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 09:32:33 am »
Clathy If you don't mind them being hand sheared I will do them for you for the price of my petrol from Dunfermline
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:38:58 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 11:05:44 am »
ooo thankyou BigChicken!! if we cant find a shearer closer by (Dougal is really close!) we would definitely be interested in that and will feed you well, as well as paying mileage and shearing fee :-)))) :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS