Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A decent goat vet? Herefordshire / Worcestershire  (Read 2148 times)

Tree Farmer

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Herefordshire
A decent goat vet? Herefordshire / Worcestershire
« on: May 10, 2012, 04:17:02 pm »
There is nothing wrong with my trio but I am going to need a vet at some point for sure and whilst I have one option (recommended by local goat keeper, although not that enthusiastically) I just thought it would be worth asking if anyone on here knows a decent vet in my area?

North Herefordshire / South Worcestershire  (Gloucestershire or Welsh Borders a possible)

I have been reading all the health probs and disbudding issues (Roxy's near miss with the anaesthetic!) and really would love to find a vet I trust.

Incidentally I travel a long way to take my rabbit to a decent rabbit vet - and it's a world apart from the bog standard quick examination and antibiotic injection. Guess it's not that easy with a goat though - call outs etc.

Thanks for any help...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: A decent goat vet? Herefordshire / Worcestershire
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 06:02:27 pm »
Tree farmer - I'm in Worcestershire, I'll PM you with some info.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Tree Farmer

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 09:47:08 am »
Thank you Plums! Small world - that's the practice with the excellent rabbit vet I mentioned!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 10:57:11 am »
 ;D  very small world! Shame such a trek though  :(
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:01:45 pm »
Have PM'D YOU

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS