Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BLE trailers?  (Read 5357 times)

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
BLE trailers?
« on: May 09, 2012, 11:22:24 pm »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QUALITY-ROAD-LIVESTOCK-SHEEP-PIG-TRAILER-BRAND-NEW-/150718567471?pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item231786d42f#ht_1680wt_1283

I've seen them on a few arms and just wondered how they compare to the IW P7e? Seem similarly priced with flexibility of folding sides and smaller removeable top (easier to store/ lift).

is a metal floor useful in this size of trailer?
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
Re: BLE trailers?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:56:50 am »
My IWP7 has a removable top and slot-in mesh sides.  The door within a door is cute but what's it for?

Should there not be slats on the floor so that it's less slippery for the stock?
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 09:19:31 am »
I had thought metal floors was a prerequisite for cleaning down?  I have cow mats that i can put into the trailer. Just haven't seen anyone selling these apart from this company, based in the north but have seen them down here in the SW.
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 09:50:34 am »
That's the trailer that I have.  I bought it about 3 years ago and they delivered it.  The floor is a 'chequerplate' and with straw on top isn't slippery.  The door within a door isn't really necessary....never used it myself. 

The removable top is useful. 

I'm really pleased with it.
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 01:44:41 pm »
You can't say better than that
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 07:34:55 pm »
I've looked and looked and looked at those trailers and thought - Mmm might as well.  But then I have always talked myself out of it cos I have never seen one.

We have the smaller IW one but without any of the gubbins for the top.  Works well on the quad, well balanced, seems to handle a hammering when overloaded.

I just wish someone sold cheap tops, gates and covers for IW bases.

Seems a good deal though, as long as your not going to use it on a field daily or go long distances, I'm talking myself into it again.

Would be worth phoning up there site direct and buying without eBay - they may have some VAT free on the wink (second hand(ish) of course) or at least be cheaper cos no ebay fees.

Also seen a few other importers of this trailer when I looked around a few months ago - worth having a scout and price compare.

Baz

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 07:56:13 pm »
I would contact them direct......I always try to on Ebay.

If anyone is in this area and wants to see mine they are welcome....It's had 3 years reasonably hard work.  A trip to abattoir weekly, it's been to Cambridge and Yorkshire and manages well in the mud here........and no I'm not part of their sales team  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 11:30:15 pm »
Try Nugent Trailers - Google them, sorry can't cut and paste the link http://www.nugentengineering.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=4
Oops yes Apparently I can.
These may be less money, mine was, and it looks better made, top comes off too.
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 11:47:49 pm »
Thx, I'll have a look at Nungent. Spoke to BLE. Differences seem to be its heavier (250kg v 70kg) but its a fully metal floor, no timber and axle is over spec'd at 1 tonne (v rated  750kgs).

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 07:15:38 am »
The trailer you've linked is the trailer I've bought too.

It's sturdy, well made and does the job. I added a jockey wheel and an internal divider to mine, when I bought it.

Top comes off, sides come off too, as well as fold down, so it's very versatile. Checkerplate floor is pretty non-slip and the whole thing hoses down well.

My 'big farmer' neighbour borrows it often and likes it  ;)

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 01:44:13 pm »
Sorry, IW trailer is 170kg, not 70kg.

thx jaykay for feedback.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS