Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Boar Wanted!  (Read 1970 times)

Browntea

• Joined Sep 2010
  • North Yorkshire
Boar Wanted!
« on: May 07, 2012, 06:30:35 pm »
Hi, Folks im looking for a boar to come on his holidays...we have a pedigree berkshire gilt and a "pinkpig" gilt, not really too bothered about breed of the the boar as they are for meat BUT  if its a berkshire then maybe we might get some show quality weaners!! Please contact me if you can help, teegan01@msn.com 07837620853 Pickering, North Yorkshire...Can and will travel!!

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: Boar Wanted!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:46:37 am »
Browntea
I have a GOS boar who's nearly 2yrs old just the other side of Stokesley but i think he might be too big for your pigs, your best bet is to go on the Berkshire breeders website and post there as there are quite a few breeders around here who might help. Your gilts need to be at least nine months old to go to the boar better to wait until 10 mths in my opinion and don't let them get too fat!
Might see you at Ryedale or Thornton-le-Dale shows in the summer??
Mandy  :pig:

Porgies Piggies

• Joined Oct 2012
Re: Boar Wanted!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:14:36 pm »
hello xx if you are still looking i have a perfect gos x white who would make perfect freezer piglets xx :D xxxxx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS