Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Newbie - Please help - Tradional Pigs Website/Company  (Read 3248 times)

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
Newbie - Please help - Tradional Pigs Website/Company
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:04:16 am »
HI all

www.tradionalpigs.co.uk

I used this website to purchase some poultry about 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing since - I am starting to get slightly worried now.  I have paid £149.00 for some POL hybrids and some week old Bronze Turkeys and despite emailing them several times I have heard nothing from them.

I know it is my own fault if I have been "Had" so to speak, but then I found this thread and wondered if anyone had used these before and if anyone had a contact number rather than an email address /  website as I cannot contact them.

I am really upset - as these would have been my first lot of chickens and turkeys in my new home, and we have just finished the hen house and fitted it with all that is needed.  Worked so hard to get it ready and now I dont know what to do  Cry Cry

Can anyone help me to contact them or reassure me that this is normal with this company.

Thanks

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: Newbie - Please help - Tradional Pigs Website/Company
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 01:06:12 pm »
Did you purchase from www.traditionalpigs.co.uk (in which case the site no longer exists) or www.traditionalpigs.com on the North Yorkshire Moors ?   If you have a full name of someone you spoke to,I might be able to help get an address and phone number for them. I've just sent them an email to see when it would be conveinient to visit their farm to pick out some animals to buy,and asked for directions.
 Did they give you a date to pick the animals up,or are they delivering them? Will post the email I get from them (if and when)......... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 03:16:23 pm »
MrRee

That would be sooooo lovely of you if you can help me out at all with contact details. 

I ordered the Legbar/Sussex hybrids from the new site but have heard nothing since I paid for them, not even a confirmation of payment.  I keep trying to contact them via email but with no luck with no replies at the moment.  I was asking them if I had to pick them up or would they be delivered as I am only in East Yorkshire, but alas nothing.

I only want some chucks (LOL) -  everything ready and waiting, including the grand daughter  ;D

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 03:21:47 pm »
Opps sorry I meant rhode island red x light sussex not legbar

Going chicken crazy here   ??? ???

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 03:44:09 pm »
Hi did you pay by card or cash?  A similar topic on another site, suggested that if paying by card you would be insured.

Whatever, it may be that their email has gone down or something simlar.  Hope all goes well.

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 04:29:13 pm »
Here's a phone number for them      0845 521 0602 and mobile 07974 869 604 hope it helps. If there's a problem with you not getting what you paid for,or money back,I have a few ex-mercenary/colleague friends in the area that owe me a favour or two! ....... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 07:55:59 pm »
Mr Ree, you must have the MOST INTERESTING friends!

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 10:34:06 pm »
If you paid by credit card and you don't recieve the goods- you can claim through your credit card company and you should get the money back. If you paid by debit card, then sorry, the issuing bank will not refund you. Thats why you should use a credit card for any online purchases- even if you keep it cut up so you don't use it for anything else!

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS