Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Which Garden netting do you all use?  (Read 2031 times)

Mel

Which Garden netting do you all use?
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »
Hi,
Just thought I would ask out of curiosity,what or which garden netting do you all use for over fruit bushes or crops?I have been using this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110861282009&var=410105046392 I had purchased some last year and it is really excellent withstanding really bad winds and keeping things out though it is quite tight knit which is not a bad thing,but I would not mind a larger hole to allow bees through! :)

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
Re: Which Garden netting do you all use?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:06:49 am »
Hi Leghorn. About 10 years ago we bought black cord knotted mesh from a rather up-market on-line garden equipment place. They sell all sorts of 'twee' stuff but the mesh had 1/2" holes in it and was remarkably strong, although expensive. Only trouble the rabbits ate through it and it will have to be mended before we can use it again! They sold the stuff to cover their fruit cages -Harrods Horticultural I think it was called. We Obtained a small polytunnel frame and erected it over our sweetcorn then threw the mesh over it and pegged it down with poly cord threaded along the 4 edges and pulled tight. The piece was about 5 metres square and was £80 then.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS