Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Land Wanted - to Buy or Rent Stirling, Scotland  (Read 4365 times)

gillandtom

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Stirling
Land Wanted - to Buy or Rent Stirling, Scotland
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:16:26 pm »
We are looking to buy or rent a small amount of land in Stirling Scotland - This would be for grazing sheep,  Keeping pigs, poultry and growing veg.  Woodland considered. 
Please advise if you have anything suitable. Thanks

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Land Wanted - to Buy or Rent Stirling, Scotland
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:36:29 pm »
I do hope you are lucky - I tried to find a house with 2 acres for a year and half.  Silly money from Glasgow and Edinburgh with a couple of kids with ponies beat me to it every time!  There is a woodlands site but they have covenants on most of them - maybe worth checking though. www.woodlands.co.uk
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 09:48:48 am »
Hi gillandtom on the road to Kippen just at the sawmill there is a sign up of land for sale. It is about 4 or 5 miles from Stirling don't know if that is to far  or how much land there is available but might be worth some investigation.

Wellieboots

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 10:30:09 am »
Best of luck folks. We lived by Bridge of Allan until May last year when we moved up here to Blairgowrie as the land prices around Stirlingshire are daft!

Now have 5 odd acres plus hoose for way less than Stirling. It's the "funny money" from Edinburgh & Glasgow that are taking over... :(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 06:09:33 pm »
Yes, and even with the recession these properties are still selling fast - I still  keep an eye on the websites.  So the rich stay rich and the poorer get poorer - as usual
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS