Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Tawny Owl  (Read 2259 times)

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
Tawny Owl
« on: May 09, 2012, 06:45:32 pm »
We had a resident owl to about 5 years ago when she succumbed to a passing truck.  Her demise caused all manner of trouble as the resident vermin population exploded.

A few months ago we started hearing the sounds of a male in the neighbours big tree, and we've seen him a few times.  Last night there was a female calling to him from our garden, and he was responding.  I'm so pleased!
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Tawny Owl
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:24:26 pm »
They are so silent when flying, we used to have owls in the barn but they moved away. Think the cats put them off

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: Tawny Owl
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:32:00 pm »
never seen them but i think i have an owls. keep getting pellets with fur and bones under the ceder tree near the fire pit. get one every 2 days or so.
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS