Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Get a move on!!!  (Read 2653 times)

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
Get a move on!!!
« on: May 03, 2012, 08:48:33 am »
Twins last night and there are two more ewes to go.  They seem to be really spread out this year and I'm getting impatient.  As it's pouring with rain again this morning, perhaps they will arrive today - fingers crossed.  Otherwise I may have to feed the last two a curry, or take them for a bumpy ride in the car??!! 

Emmam

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Get a move on!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 09:03:42 am »
Hope they arrive soon!  I always found walking helped when my human babies were overdue, couldn't face curry. ;)

PDO_Lamb

• Joined May 2011
    • Briggs' Shetland Lamb
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:26:50 am »
The only way to ensure there are no late lambers is to take the tups out sooner.

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 11:08:05 am »
Would you believe it, triplets arrived not long after I posted!  My favourite ewe (she loves to have her back scratched), has been looking like a barrage balloon for the last 4 weeks - I wouldnt have been surprised if she'd had an elephant.  So, that just leaves one to go. 

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:19:28 am »
 :thumbsup:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:15:50 pm »
Otherwise I may have to feed the last two a curry, or take them for a bumpy ride in the car??!!

I used to recommend this to patients in the post dates clinic along with the comment........ "and remember - what started the pregnancy is what will finish it off........... but don't forget that what comes out is alot bigger than what went in......"

I think the gales of laughter that always ensued was enough to put some of them into labour there and then.  I would see thenm a day or two later on the post natal ward and they would give me a sly wink and say "Well - I took your advice doc!!!"
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 05:01:03 pm »
Or maybe it was the laughter - know any good sheep jokes?

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 07:37:38 pm »
As in, jokes that will make sheep laugh?  :D

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 08:05:21 am »
Will they go "ba ba ba" instead of "ha ha ha"?!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS