Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Feels Weird  (Read 2140 times)

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Feels Weird
« on: April 28, 2012, 11:18:44 pm »
All my lambed ladies bar three are now out on the field. Barn seems really strange without all the lambing activity and the three girls look so lost on their own in there. I'm still shattered from it all but feel a bit empty without the madness. It's like coming home and not having your dog there to greet you. Ho hum  :(

MrsJ

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Feels Weird
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:27:51 am »
been there, done that!  It's always a bit of a strange time when it's all done.  However, we've still got 3 left to go and I wish they'd hurry up! 

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 09:42:19 am »
Not just me then, felt a strange sadness when it was all over ......  or was it relief   ???

Couldnt get used to not having to keep dashing down to check everyone. Took a bit to get back into the normal swing of things.  :D

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:21:26 pm »
Yes, it does feel funny. We get into a completely differently rhythm for a while don't we  :D I've got three more little boys to ring and then after a couple of days they can go from the barn and 'nursery' field into the ordinary fields - that'll feel strange, like they're too small to be out  :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS