Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Our flock -some photos  (Read 3353 times)

tweedsidejacobs

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Scottish Borders
  • Breeders of pedigree Jacob & Gotland Sheep
    • Tweedside Jacobs
    • Facebook
Our flock -some photos
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:34:28 am »
Can't quite work out how you add photos to the main Gallery, if that's even possible but thought some of you might like to see some photos of our flock of Jacobs and Gotlands... :sheep:

Hope the link works!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/prettypionidesigns/

Breeders of pedigree  Jacob & Gotland Sheep
www.tweedsidejacobs.co.uk

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
Re: Our flock -some photos
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:08:46 pm »
Hey Rachel,

lovely photos. To add photos you can only put in x4 at a time and they can't exceed a total maximum size. As soon as you click to attach some you'll find out the max MB you can utilise. Welcome to the forum.

Amanda x

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 12:23:41 pm »
What lovely sheep - did you get your Gotlands from Amanda?  Aren't they gorgeous  :love: (I have some too!).  I like the Jacobs and was tempted by them but someone told me they can be escape artists, is that true?  Although I do have good stock fencing all round my fields so suppose I could add just one ...  ;D
1 horse, 2 ponies, 4 dogs, 2 Kune Kunes, a variety of sheep

tweedsidejacobs

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Scottish Borders
  • Breeders of pedigree Jacob & Gotland Sheep
    • Tweedside Jacobs
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58:09 pm »
Hello Amanda, I must be a bit stupid today because I can't see where you would upload the photos on the gallery...am I missing something or do the photos you add to your forum posts just get added to the gallery?

Remy- hello! We were told the same thing but we have never had any problems with ours escaping. They can be a bit flighty to handle some of them but we have found that the more we work with them, especially in the winter when you are feeding, the easier they are to handle. Some of ours were very standoffish at first but now we have the odd one who has turned quite inquisitive and brave and comes up for a sniff or a pet. They are lovely sheep- we started off with 6 the year before last and have over 60 now so there's must be something about them  :love: Yes I got 3 of my Gotlands from Amanda and I love them- a joy to have!
Breeders of pedigree  Jacob & Gotland Sheep
www.tweedsidejacobs.co.uk

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 03:55:39 pm »
 I like Bunty's horn decorations  ;D

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 04:01:53 pm »
Can't quite work out how you add photos to the main Gallery, if that's even possible
The main site gallery is *our* gallery, i.e. photos Rosemary and I have taken over the years. At the moment there's no way for others to contribute.

To include photos in forum posts you can either link to them if they are already hosted elsewhere by clicking the first icon on the second row (looks like the Mona Lisa) which will insert an image 'tag'. Then just paste the image URL between the tags (you shouldn't need to move the cursor).

Or click the 'Attachments and other options' link below the editing window and you can attach up to 4 photos directly to your post.

Hope this helps. :)

Dan

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 05:22:56 pm »
Fantastic haw you can look back on youre 12 months work,very well done.

moprabbit

• Joined Oct 2011
  • North Notts
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 10:19:25 am »
Super photos!Thanks for sharing them!
4 pet sheep

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS