Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Plums  (Read 2825 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Plums
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:40:41 pm »
A plum tree which I planted 18 months ago has plenty of leaves and yesterday I noticed a flower bud.  ~Today there is another one.  I thought the blossom came first - it certainly does with my older tree.  The older one took several years before it had blossom.  In fact, it was only when, January last year, I said, "If you don't produce anything this year, you're coming up and being replaced." that it decided to do anything.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Plums
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:46:36 pm »
Don't know if its the erratic weather but our greengage trees have leaves and blossom coming through together this year

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 07:10:14 pm »
We have had a couple of plum trees for a couple of years now.  The first year, no blossom and no plums - last year, plenty of plums and plenty of blossom.

Helen

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 12:07:16 am »
Still only two flowers but it's a start.  Two plums is better than none.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 09:00:42 am »
we have cherry sized plums already  :-\  Normally only get our first Heron's mid july so hoping these are slow to ripen and that the erratic weather hasn't ditched our whole harvest. Only made 60% of previous years wine, chutney and jam last year due to bad weather and sawfly, grrrr.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 11:33:28 pm »
Have to go back to drinking tea with everything instead of wine.   ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS