Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wow that was quick  (Read 2644 times)

piggy

• Joined Oct 2008
Wow that was quick
« on: April 26, 2012, 08:35:07 pm »
There i was moaning about having no lambs and now its all happened so fast,not a great start but a happy ending.

Monday morning went out to check the sheep and 1 ewe had had a lamb yipee, another ewe was pacing around nearby and that's when i had the shock to find she had also had a lamb but it had been attacked by something and sadly couldn't be saved, as some of the other ewes looked to be nearly ready and the weather has been awful here rain for nearly 2 weeks i decided to bring them in,got them in the evening and they were a bit skitty to start with don't blame them really they hate being in,by Tuesday morning they had settled  down a bit and mum and lamb were good, Tuesday lunchtime i had to go out and was gone for just over an hour when i got back my eyes nearly popped out of my head there were now 6 lambs! and another 1 being born, i couldn't believe it,and then that's when i noticed that spotty the ewe whose lamb died now had a lamb so she must have nicked a twin from someone as ive only got 1 left to go and shes still huge.
I was worried about spotty not having a lamb but everything has turned out great,
As it is STILL raining they are still in but today was great to see all the little lambs running around playing with each other.
We ended up with 5 ram lambs and 2 ewes,the dead one was a ram as well,its funny cause last year we had 8 ewe lambs and 3 rams.

Sorry just had to share.

Karen

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Wow that was quick
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:53:35 pm »
Fast work  ;D

Glad that Spotty now has a lamb. A happy ending.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:03:55 pm »
Super speedy - mine are totally dragging it out but saying that I don't have lots of indoor space yet so maybe for the best - good luck with the last one  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Pedwardine

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:40 pm »
Good move bringing them in hey  ;) and a happy ending for Spotty. I've just got Jolly to lamb. She's expecting twins and she's been last to do her stuff for the past two years so has obviously decided to make it a tradition. Her udders are HUGE. I keep expecting to go into the barn and find milk everywhere from them exploding  :o Come on Jolly shift that booty!!

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:40:18 pm »
That's great news   :thumbsup: so good to hear it turned out well despite the sad start

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS