Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Gap between HeptavacP and Wormer?  (Read 1980 times)

Advertisement

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Gap between HeptavacP and Wormer?
« on: April 25, 2012, 07:06:58 pm »
Have I remembered something correctly from last year that you need to have a certain gap between HeptvacP and worming or did I dream it  :-\
Might have been Ivermectin and Heptavac? not sure. Can anyone help please?  thank you!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Gap between HeptavacP and Wormer?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:18:34 pm »
Novice here, but when we gave our in lamb ewes their Heptavac booster, the vet told us that we could worm and fluke at the same time to save stressing them at a later date. I did specifically ask him if it was okay for them to have everything at the same time especially as they were expecting and he said that it was fine.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:51 pm »
Thank you in the hills  :)

Now just trying to work out how to weigh them without having to stand on the scales clutching a wiggling (large)lamb. Can't find the heart girth chart (not sure it works on sheep as it does goats?)

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

PDO_Lamb

• Joined May 2011
    • Briggs' Shetland Lamb
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:50:12 pm »
If you are not willing to try a balancing act on the bathroom scales, there are digital scales available from Argos designed for weighing travel luggage. A plastic sack with a hole for each leg and a loop of string from each corner makes a good sling. Stand on a bale if you are not tall enough to lift the whole rig off the ground.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:03:41 pm »
I do both jobs together, saves gathering them again.

Stand on the scales, far more entertaining....  :D That's all I do, no additional weighing stuff here, though PDO's solution sounds like a good one - though not entirely sure a hanging, wriggling lamb would be much easier  :sheep:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS