Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Quad bike advice  (Read 9685 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Quad bike advice
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 07:13:03 pm »
Lamo's can be pretty expensive, but only cos the aftersales you get.  Good family run business.

Am I right in thinking your near mid/west wales - Llandissilio'ish?

If you want something for carrying water you gota have something pretty heafty (everyones right on that!) - a couple of chuggs on the back of a light quad on a slope and it takes a bit of getting used too, you'll get a pretty good quad for £1500 no probs.

Baz

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2012, 05:27:14 pm »
First thing to do is see if you can get insurance, you say you're going up the road so will need it.
I bought my quad then tried to get it insured, nobody but nobody would touch me, eventually got some
through the NFU but then more or less only as a favour from them.
12 months later I sold it when the insurance had gone up not down as expected, it had used gallons of petrol at 25 mpg and gone through as set of tyres.
My advice ........... tractor every time.
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

robert waddell

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »
well insurance   it will be expensive because they are the most stolen item (i know somebody that has had his third bike stolen)
 i don't get 25 mpg  about half of that
yes they are sore on rear tyres because the diff is solid
they are light nimble have very low ground pressure easier to get on and off than a tractor  every tool has its position    you would not use a claw hammer to  chap stobs in  :farmer:

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2012, 11:06:58 pm »
   you would not use a claw hammer to  chap stobs in  :farmer:

We're eye to eye on a lot of things Robert but that went straight over my head  :D
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS