Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Easter Sunday  (Read 2811 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Easter Sunday
« on: April 12, 2009, 07:32:10 pm »
As I had two grand daughters staying for the weekend our plans were to take things easy and just potter about. The kids were no trouble, they had lambs and chickens to watch and ponies to fuss over. I got up at 7am to feed the dogs and let the ponies out with the intention of going back to bed as the girls were sound asleep. Out of the house came my OH much to my surprise I may add, he is not a morning person. For the first time in weeks there was no wind so he decided today was the day we were going to put the cover on the pollytunnel. After pulling it over we left it to heat up in the sun before he attached it to the wooden door frames. Not an easy job but looks good and I can't wait to start planting. he still has the doors to make and finish the fence around the garden to break the wind, keep chickens and dogs out.  :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Easter Sunday
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:52:56 pm »
Well done!  Quite an achievement for what was going to be  fairly lazy morning - I trust the grandchildren did their bit too!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25:02 pm »
Well done. It's been lovely here today, mostly. Dan's brother finished work last week and is off to India for two weeks before starting his own business with Dan. We had all the family over, sat in the sun and drank some champagne to toast him on his way. It was lovely.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 09:58:48 pm »
Ooh, super - is it still in the IT line?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 09:12:51 am »
Hm. Sort of - Mark woudl say yes, Dan woudl say no! Dan's the geek in the family - when it comes to techy stuff we all just do as he tells us, including Mark.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS