Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Disbudding Take 2  (Read 2179 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Disbudding Take 2
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:21:29 am »
After the failed  attempt by the vet on Thursday, we had a 9am appointment to give it another go.  Arrived to find not one, but two young vets waiting!!  But, they did not attempt to weigh any of the kids ......I did check they were using less of the sedative this time.  They all looked so cute, laid out on the table, dead to the world .....but Arnie the little boy wagged his tail the whole time.

Thankfully all went well this time, and they all seem fine.  Not sure how the vet felt but I was dreading it, after what happened the other day.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Disbudding Take 2
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 06:54:22 am »
I expect the vets were dreading it too!

I'm glad it went well this time  :-*

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 06:17:05 pm »
I think the big problem nowadays is that there are so few goats, so not many vets and vet students ever get to do goats' disbuddings... I am glad it went ok this time, I am sure the vet learned a lot form her mistake too... after all we all make them!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 11:45:48 pm »
Yes, mistakes are made, no one is perfect .....but this could have been an expensive one.  Imagine had that been a doctor jabbing a human!!

A farmer was telling me at the farm sale that the young vet was leaving the yard after seeing to a cow.  He said he appeared to have lost the needle he had used.  Went back in the barn, and the cow was dead .....and he had left the needle in ......farmer said he gave him a good shouting at :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS