Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: very old Bramley  (Read 9625 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: very old Bramley
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 11:37:48 pm »
Ah well that explains it - definitely worth trying to save it.  We are at 1000 feet here which is really above the altitude for apples, so all of ours are stressed and tend to get canker and so on - terribly difficult to get rid of but by judicious pruning you can often keep them going.  I'll let you get back to the wine  :yum: ;D  If my ramblings are still not clear tomorrow I will try to explain better.

hahahha, we are about 10 feet above sea level here. apples love it! but this one was smothered by a cedar, ivy, llailandi and a massive hazel bush thing. all of which have been killed or savaged. so glad you think it has hope!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
cut all but about 8 new branches and with all this wet weather the tree is starting to look very well indeed!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 07:15:27 pm »
That's great to here. Some photos please in due course!  :)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 08:27:40 pm »
That's great to here. Some photos please in due course!  :)

will do, just everyday we work to a point and just get so knackered that i always forget to take a pic! David Bailey i ain't  ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS