Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bad bag of food  (Read 1945 times)

happy larry

• Joined Apr 2011
Bad bag of food
« on: April 22, 2012, 09:42:16 pm »
Not wanting to cause panic but i fetched 5 bags of massey sow rolls today,as i picked up 1of the bags the top contents felt soggy,i opened it up to find the top 4 inches a soggy mass,i phoned the supplier to advise them of my bag.
Just to add i have used massey feeds for over 12 months without any problems,the 2nd bag i opened was fine maybe got wet in transit but check your feed.

robert waddell

Re: Bad bag of food
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 09:51:13 pm »
paper bags  :farmer:

happy larry

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 10:05:06 pm »
No robert,poly,maybe leaked through the stitching.

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 10:10:51 pm »
not so good then      we have never had a problem with ours  it is always made that week of delivery and so far east coast vinners has not had a complaint that we know of from buyers :farmer:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:03:45 am »
not so good then      we have never had a problem with ours  it is always made that week of delivery and so far east coast vinners has not had a complaint that we know of from buyers :farmer:

Ditto - I use ECV's sow rolls as a maintainence feed for my "resting" gilts/sows & stud boars.  They only time I had a wee bit of dampness was my own fault - not getting the pallet in straight away & the ground sheet I'd used to cover it had blown off - only the top 5 bags & again through the stitching.

Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Liquidator

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Dornoch, Sutherland, Highlands
  • It's a Landrover thing, you wouldn't understand :)
    • Ospisdale Herd of Gloucestershire Old Spots
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »
I use ECV and have only ever had a bad batch (last year) with 4 bags that were mouldy when I opened them. I phoned ECV and they gave me 4 free bags on my next load. Top marks to ECV
You gotta ask yourself, 'Do I feel lucky'?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS