Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: land wanted in oxfordshire  (Read 3775 times)

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
land wanted in oxfordshire
« on: April 16, 2012, 05:30:27 pm »
I know its a long shot but we have outgrown our current field and are looking for some land for grazing (for example when we need to separate our ram from our ewes). We have saved a little cash and would be interested in buying up to 2 acres or so of land anywhere close to oxford, swindon etc. Thanks. P

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: land wanted in oxfordshire
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 05:48:04 pm »
where abouts are you? that is a very wide area oxford to swindon. i am near sutton courtney and Didcot
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 06:02:48 pm »
We are in bampton, however nothing close by so looking further afield now. Don't really mind size of field and don't mind travelling to it. My oh works in didcot.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 06:09:39 pm »
there used to be loads of derelict paddocks but over the last 5 years they seem to be being renovated. but out on the levels where we are there must be something. have you tried inquiring around Marcham through Kingston Bagpuize? there is alot of fallow that way and i'm sure something would be for hire. Wantage would be another area i would look. 
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 06:19:45 pm »
Thanks for that. Will have a look. We are ideally looking to buy but it seems everyone wants to get planning permission and make lots of money in our area so not having any luck just finding grazing land. Might have to rent in short term. What do you have on your smallholding? We keep pigs sheep chickens and horses.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 08:34:32 pm »
no animals as yet, been working on my plot for 4 years now and feeling we are just about getting to where we want it to be. it is a strange and complex site so i think animals will have to wait for now. thinking long and hard about chickens.

plt102

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:40:53 pm »
Well if you ever want chickens, let me know. We have bantams too. Should be POL in about 10 or 12 weeks. Nice talking to you!

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 08:44:15 pm »
what does POL stand for?

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 08:46:03 pm »
Point of lay
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 08:48:04 pm »
Point of lay

so that means old enough to lay......right?  :-[

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS