Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: salad burnet...  (Read 3603 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
salad burnet...
« on: April 12, 2012, 03:43:38 pm »
can you did up an old plant and relocate? cleaning out a bed and just wondered.
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Mel

Re: salad burnet...
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:03:27 am »
 :wave: Yes you can but if it is an older plant,has it not become a little bitter?

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »
:wave: Yes you can but if it is an older plant,has it not become a little bitter?

does seem a little resentful!  :D

but seriously, they have self seeded and sit in a part of a bed that i have plans for. as for the leaves being bitter, never noticed that. do use alot of it though and in a Greek salad they are sensational! nice young leaves just seem to keep coming all summer. must like the ground round here!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Mel

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:48:51 pm »

does seem a little resentful!  :D

;D ;D

but seriously, they have self seeded and sit in a part of a bed that i have plans for. as for the leaves being bitter, never noticed that. do use alot of it though and in a Greek salad they are sensational! nice young leaves just seem to keep coming all summer. must like the ground round here!

Oh,some do become bitter,but if they taste fine I would not worry,yummmmm :yum:

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 08:31:35 am »
think i am going to lift the plants today, lets see what happens!

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 06:34:27 pm »
well we had about 5 roots when they came up, all doing well and i have come to the conclusion that salad burnet is very hardy and will live through any kinda transplant!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS