Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poorly Muscovy  (Read 1108 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
Poorly Muscovy
« on: April 11, 2012, 09:18:48 pm »
One of my Muscovy drakes is now under a heat lamp and not very well at all. I'm not sure what's wrong with him so he's had a dose of wormer. I last wormed all the poultry about 4 months ago but my gander went the same way a month or so back. After worming him, he got better. I do know that the Muscovy has been off colour for the last few days. He has been moping around and only eating and drinking a little. He has been doing very yellow, watery poo. He is 4 years old so not elderly. If it's worms would there be any evidence? How do I go about breaking a worm cycle? I fear any worms were introduced via some bought in geese that I was told had been wormed. There also seems to be an increase in the number of wild pheasants around me. Up until then I'd had no problems. Any advice gratefully received :-\
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Sandy

Re: Poorly Muscovy
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 10:58:59 pm »
Hope you Duck improves but I cannot help wonder how they manage in the wild without being wormed? I suppose they just die!!!!! love ducks and am sure some one will come up with some suggestions!! :bouquet:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS