Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 4 year old mead  (Read 2634 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
4 year old mead
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:34:31 pm »
i have just noticed that my mead from 2008 has stopped fermenting! time to dig out some bottles and decant it this weekend.

does anyone else make mead?
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: 4 year old mead
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:51:11 pm »
Not mead but OH often makes wines, he has been looking at mead. The last lot of wine overflowed several times  ::) in it's ferment year so riot persued ( singlehandedly by moi! ) now he is wanting to try mead.
4 YEARS.... There's NO chance! 

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:58:04 pm »
Not mead but OH often makes wines, he has been looking at mead. The last lot of wine overflowed several times  ::) in it's ferment year so riot persued ( singlehandedly by moi! ) now he is wanting to try mead.
4 YEARS.... There's NO chance!

what ya want is some bee keepers with some fermenting honey!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:53 am »
I used to make mead with my honey cappings. You need to keep it another 3 or 4 years after bottling (try to keep a couple of bottles anyway you'll be amazed at the difference :yum:)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 09:43:03 am »
I used to make mead with my honey cappings. You need to keep it another 3 or 4 years after bottling (try to keep a couple of bottles anyway you'll be amazed at the difference :yum:)

great plan but word gets around when the bottles come out!  :D so so tempting

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS