Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ducklings?  (Read 1342 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Ducklings?
« on: April 08, 2012, 09:17:13 pm »
Cross-posted in Marketplace - sorry, just need to find some soon  :&>

A good friend has just rescued a single mallard duckling, from the side of the motorway, no sign of the rest of the family anywhere, though they had a good look. They think it fell down the embankment. Anyway, she's brought it to me to rear  :D I'm happy to do so, one more duck here won't make much difference (though if it's a drake it won't be staying). I'd say it was only a day or two old.

Clearly it could do with some company and I've only just set my runner duck eggs and the goslings still have three weeks to go......

Does anyone have any very young ducklings they'd be prepared to part with a couple of? Within an hour or so (as I'm lambing) of Cumbria/N Yorks border?

Thanks, Jay

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Ducklings?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 09:43:41 pm »
Picked up two 2week old Muscovy girls today. Well, it was the perfect excuse  ;) They're about four times the size of the little mallard, but they're all fine together and the mallard has stopped piping for her family and is just chatting away quietly to the new girls  :)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:52:20 pm by jaykay »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Ducklings?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:56:15 am »
Awwww - I miss my Muscovies!   :love: :&>
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS