Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: fleeces  (Read 2166 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
fleeces
« on: April 05, 2012, 05:39:09 am »
Just got in touch with a lady who runs the local spinning group near us, and have aranged for her to buy our moorit fleeces as soon as we take their jackets off in June , Pre selling is better than storing and then trying to find a market don't you think?

LOCHBYRE

• Joined May 2011
Re: fleeces
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 06:35:56 am »
Excellant  :thumbsup:
My mother in law has decided to take up spinning again now she has retired and has requested our fleeces to use  :)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: fleeces
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 07:34:55 am »
That's good  :thumbsup:

Yes, I got several pre-orders for Shetland fleeces, just in the little group I was sitting in at Spinners guild the other day, I'm sure if I advertised to the whole Guild I get rid of the lot, so the local Spinners, Weavers and Dyers Guild is a very good idea for selling fleeces.

This year I want some of them for myself mind  :) And my sheep are not nice and tidy, with those jackets on, you sometimes see advertised in spinners magazines. There'll be a lot of VM (vegetable matter) I'll have to pick from mine!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS