Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholder contracting - Devon/Somerset border  (Read 3080 times)

LulaB

• Joined Apr 2011
Smallholder contracting - Devon/Somerset border
« on: April 03, 2012, 04:30:46 pm »
Now here's the thing.  I need to get some contracting done.  I need to find someone to harrow, roll and spray some fields.  My neighbour is usually really good at doing things, but his sprayer, harrow, etc won't get through my gates!

I've been looking, but I can't find anything on the net.  Anyone know of anyone who could help?

smudger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Devon/ West Exmoor
Re: Smallholder contracting - Devon/Somerset border
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 05:44:46 pm »
Search on google - I have come across a ew. here's one:
http://www.greenpaddocks.co.uk/contact.php

Not used personally because we bought own equipment but came up when searching for what to buy.
Traditional and Rare breed livestock -  Golden Guernsey Goats, Blackmoor Flock Shetland and Lleyn Sheep, Pilgrim Geese and Norfolk Black Turkeys. Capallisky Irish Sport Horse Stud.

LulaB

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:58:13 pm »
Smudger, you're good!

Thanks for that.  I now know what to search for!

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 03:20:33 pm »
As a guide on cost around here ( Hereford/Welsh Borders) you can get a guy and his kit for around £20 per hour+, depending how busy he is or how much land you need done. Obviously the more ground you want harrowed the cheaper in man hours it should be. Just coming to harrow the odd couple of acres just isn't worth getting your kit out for unless the running costs are covered.

I ve got my own impliments and get the odd request for a 'Do me a favor jobs' But the last time I did a topper job I hit a concrete curb stone that someone had left in the nettle patch. Didn't do the topper a whole lot of good I can tell you.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS