Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Breeding for one's own pleasure not for the sake of the dog.  (Read 7768 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Breeding for one's own pleasure not for the sake of the dog.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 11:58:12 am »
One of the reason I did not breed my lovely German Shepherd Fallon but choose to have both her and Tanya spayed was not due to the fact that she was not a first class bitch but at that time when she was off breeding age our local P&J was full of pups. The local dog homes where out the door with unwanted puppies and adult dogs.Another reason was I knew in my heart that there would be people who may have wanted one of her pups that I would not like or trust to give it a good home. Fallon was a wonderful dog and there is not a day that goes by that we miss her. Tanya as most of you will know came to us as a rescue age 6 months a complete screwball. Could I live with that happening to anything I bred, no. The country is full of unwanted animals, why had to the list if you do not need to.

Sandy

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 12:00:28 pm »
In my view passion is different to aggression, people will not post if they receive such aggressive responses, I would rather people post and others give their views and suggest, as I am sure most people know how cruel it is to have unwanted animals of any sort, only a non animal loving person would breed without some thought previously.  Know one learns by being shouted out, they just switch off and dig their feet in!!!!  AND, there are also many owners of dogs, both pedigree and non pedigree that are indeed passionate about dogs, some even show them but have been publicly found to be very cruel to them!!!  Agression just make people mad not change!

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 12:26:17 pm »
This is so true Sandy.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 01:09:09 pm »
In my view passion is different to aggression, people will not post if they receive such aggressive responses, I would rather people post and others give their views and suggest, as I am sure most people know how cruel it is to have unwanted animals of any sort, only a non animal loving person would breed without some thought previously.  Know one learns by being shouted out, they just switch off and dig their feet in!!!!  AND, there are also many owners of dogs, both pedigree and non pedigree that are indeed passionate about dogs, some even show them but have been publicly found to be very cruel to them!!!  Agression just make people mad not change!
"only a non animal loving person would breed without some thought previously" - I'm sorry to contradict again, but this is just not true, Sandy, as you well know.  I am not agressive, I am passionate about the hundreds of dogs that are needlessly born and needlessly destroyed!  That perhaps makes me seem aggressive to those who do not see things as I do.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:55:03 am by Dan »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Goldcraig

• Joined Jan 2012
  • North Ayrshire
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 01:48:19 pm »
And I have no doubt that Sandy was thankful for the great advice you provided given that everyone has to start somewhere, and where better to start that accepting help from someone as who has your wealth of experience, so to me, your last post is a little condescending...BUT...we appear to be detracting from my original reply

it was not the content I had an issue with, rather the way you bulldozed in assuming that folks would not have given any thought to welfare or future consequences.

I now draw your attention to your "helpful" reply on the other post and ask you to look at the different feedback received, when your advice is exactly what the member is looking for, and not littered with your views and assumptions. Even read back and see how the Member replied to your post on this thread......

On the other hand, this is a public forum and as such we are all wide open to other opinions...for me....I don't like being talked "at" as opposed "to"....keep up the good work  :(
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

Sandy

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 01:57:12 pm »
Sorry doganjo, I do not like my private life exhibited on a forum..thanks for your help and leave it at that.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 02:07:34 pm »
Trust me.....I'm a Chef !!

Trust me I am an accredited breeder

Sandy
I hardly think that was part of your personal life but let's just leave it at that.  You have wrongly accused me of disclosing information to others before, it is just NOT true,  and I do not like that any more than you like my straight talking.

and you know perfectly well my name is Anne.

You all know who I am, what I am, what I believe in, how I say things. No need for further insults or discussion.   I am locking this topic.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS