Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Nesting Birds  (Read 3231 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Nesting Birds
« on: April 02, 2012, 02:54:15 pm »
Noticed the pair of wagtails ae back this morning, they nest in the same place every year. We also have a crow in the fir trees. Bet it is the same one that stole my chicken eggs . There is a blackbird in the barn, she has also gone back to last years nest. Swallows arrive any day. Busy place at the moment.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: Nesting Birds
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 04:42:01 pm »
had some house martins fly over about 3 days ago but seen no swallows yet. all the nest boxes are full as usual.
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 04:53:48 pm »
Took dogs for a walk this am and the skylarks were singing their little hearts out; love this time of year ;D

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:48:37 pm »
Everything is nesting here! Every time I look out of the window I see another bird with nesting material in it's beak. Robins, blue tits, blackbirds, house sparrows and collared doves. Judging by the noise that they make at dawn, I reckon the wood pigeons are at it as well.

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:25:44 pm »
I have a hanging basket with moss in it and the little blighters have almost stripped it bare! someone's going to sleep toasty tonight ;D

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 09:01:55 am »
This snow is going to give them a shock

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS