Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fuel .....  (Read 18921 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Fuel .....
« on: March 29, 2012, 11:47:36 pm »
or lack of it, more like.

The tanker drivers are not even on strike yet, and here we are, in chaos.  We desperately need some fuel, but living where we do, garages are not that plentiful.  Someone queued at our local Tesco for 5 hours last night, and that was at midnight .....and he still had no luck getting fuel.  The next garages are 4 miles in the opposite directions, and of course, everyone is rushing there, so the queues are horrendous.

We do not have the time to sit 5 hours in a fuel queue, but may have to unless something mircaculous happens, like another garage opens up with lots of fuel.

If everyone just took their usual amount of fuel there would be plenty for everyone :)

Polished Arrow

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Forest of Dean
  • www.cinderhilllfarm.com
    • www.cinderhillfarm.com
www.cinderhillfarm.com

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: Fuel .....
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 12:11:49 am »
was trying to fill the pickup up with diesel today, but all the garages are mental here too. WTF?
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:03:49 am »
Perhaps its a crafty way to increase revenue, it was estimated that by people panic buying, the tax revenue pulled in an exta £32 million in one day, not bad eh???

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:28:20 am »
I've had it with all this. Instead of buying fuel I bought a little buggy to go on the back of my bike so that I can cycle to the station with all my clobber, lug it onto the train and go home for a £5.50 train fare at the end of the week instead of the £25.00 it costs me in fuel currently.

Whilst a strike hasn't even been called.....I refuse to kowtow to paying more into the revenue or get swept up in the national panics that will - no doubt- get more frequent as time goes on.

It's tipping point for me.......
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:58:03 am by suziequeue »
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 07:54:10 am »
interestingly I topped up on tuesday with absolutely no knowledge that anything was about to happen (rarely watch the news nowadays). I almost didn't cos I was in a rush to get home, but the low fuel light came on and I didn't want to risk it. As we don't drive a huge amount that tank should last us about a month now  ;D.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 07:56:01 am »
Good on you Suzie, too many folk moan about stuff instead of doing something about it. I hope more people realise through this episode how much they rely on something they have options for, if they think about it.

Smalltime

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 08:01:26 am »
Tanker drivers must be laughing their heads off. Total chaos and they haven't even gone on strike. Point made methinks.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 08:19:12 am »
FEAR and the subsequent manipulation is just more evidence to prove Orwell right. 1984 here we are!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 08:40:24 am »
EVEN WORSE......

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 08:43:28 am »
EVEN WORSE......

not a worry to me......................................................................................what about cider?

MikeM

• Joined Jul 2011
  • NW Devon
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 09:10:00 am »
EVEN WORSE......

not a worry to me......................................................................................what about cider?

well, I've still got about 160 pints of the stuff, so I'm OK for the moment. What I'll do next week I don't know.

Skirza

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 09:33:09 am »
EVEN WORSE......

well, I've still got about 160 pints of the stuff, so I'm OK for the moment. What I'll do next week I don't know.

;D  ;D  ;D

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 09:45:16 am »
 :D

Sandy

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 10:28:14 am »
I was on empty as we only put £20 in fuel at a time as I do not go far, then thought I would not get any but I only had to que for a few mins...I can do without a car most of the time, although it is handy and necessary if you live in a remote rural place, at least a bus stops outside the house and I can go just about anywhere from that, hubby works near Loch Lommand and goes in to work via the train so no issues with him either....how people panic but then you are forced too because every one take whats around!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS