Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: DIY sheep (pics)  (Read 5825 times)

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
DIY sheep (pics)
« on: March 25, 2012, 09:54:35 am »
Some of the tamest sheep I have are my little ewe lambs from last year, which include 2 Gotlands, and an orphan.  They are literally like dogs and follow me everywhere, and are into everything I do.  Yesterday we were erecting some fencing and gates, and the Gotlands were climbing into the link box, sampling everything they could get there mouths around, trying to climb up the tyres and walking in the cement we had put round the gateposts  :D :D.  Once the stock fencing was up and they couldn't get back into the fenced-off paddock, one of them tried to climb over it  ::) ::).  We had to quickly string a line of electric across the top, which she tried to eat before we could turn it on!

Must be something in here good to eat

Now where's she gone

Spotted!

I want to come up!

The tractor makes a good shelter/scratching post

1 horse, 2 ponies, 4 dogs, 2 Kune Kunes, a variety of sheep

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: DIY sheep (pics)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 10:07:25 am »
I know what you mean  :) :) Some of my girls playing in the trailer
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:11:51 am »
Such a shame she lacks the opposible thumbs - I reckon she'd be quite a good helper  ;D

I have tractor envy from looking at your pics though Remy, that's a cracker  ;) :thumbsup:

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 10:24:23 am »
i was looking at the restored mf 35 before the sheep ;) :farmer:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 11:29:52 am »
...and I was thinking how rubbing against tyres wrecks the fleece as it gets covered in black  ::)

They are all clearly very happy sheep  :sheep: :sheep:

Remy - why do you have the pointy bit at the top of your strainers?  Or will you be sawing that off once the concrete has set? (just being nosy  ;D)
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 11:33:39 am »
I love my little red tractor  :love:.  When I bought it all shiney with new paint my hubby left it in the horses' field and they tried to eat it - left great bit gouges in the paintwork  >:( >:(.  Im not so obsessive with washing it now, it looks like a proper working tractor, covered with mud, grass and sheep sh*t  ;D.

Fleecewife my friend was doing the gates and dug holes for the posts instead of knocking them in as we don't have a post knocker - so he put them in flat side down (yes they have now been sawn off!).

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
  • "Possibilities and miracles mean the same thing"
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 11:48:54 am »

.......Just sitting here with a cup of frothy  coffee and laptop,catching up with what everyone is up to.

What smashing photo`s Remy.
 love this forum- thankyou for posting everyone. :thumbsup:

Tilly :wave:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 12:16:07 pm »
Love your pictures,  I bought 2 lambs on Friday to raise for the freezer, was lucky to get them as the farmers seem to have lambed early this year. Already they have me won over with their little ways. always get far to attached but i keep in mind the end result.

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 12:28:29 pm »
HaHa i was looking at the lovely grass!! none of that around here. Lovely pics though

PetiteGalette

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 01:57:13 pm »
The tree protectors are what caught my eye!
The sheep remind me of Santa's Little Helpers - Lovely!
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.  ~Leonard Louis Levinson

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2012, 06:05:35 pm »
HaHa i was looking at the lovely grass!! none of that around here. Lovely pics though

Whereabouts are you Feldar?  My fields go from nothing to too much in about a week  ::).  I start off thinking OMG I won't have enough grass for all the animals, to OMG I have too much grass I need more sheep  ;D

PG the tree protectors protect trees that are either dead or dying, the ones I planted don't grow well at all, have no idea why!  ???  I want to dig them up and plant more hardy ones but hubby said he paid so much for them they're staying even if stunted  ::) ;D

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 10:21:54 am »

Whereabouts are you Feldar?  My fields go from nothing to too much in about a week  ::).  I start off thinking OMG I won't have enough grass for all the animals, to OMG I have too much grass I need more sheep  ;D

PG the tree protectors protect trees that are either dead or dying, the ones I planted don't grow well at all, have no idea why!  ???  I want to dig them up and plant more hardy ones but hubby said he paid so much for them they're staying even if stunted  ::) ;D
On the south coast! no rain here for a while. The fields are coming back but very slowly

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS