Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Creep Feed Mix recipes please!  (Read 3388 times)

PetiteGalette

• Joined Dec 2011
Creep Feed Mix recipes please!
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:54:12 pm »
Leading on from my other post regarding the 'sort of' rejected lambs (thank you everyone who posted and supported us!) ................., can anyone share their creep feed recipe with me please?

We buy wheat, corn, field peas/beans crushed from a local farmer for our fowl. There is a lot of 'flour' in the bottom of the bags that either gets mixed into a 'porridge' with the duck food or with chick crumbs for the day-old chicks we buy for meat. I can also get barley and oats as the farmer does a horse mix. I also have dried replacement milk available.

Anyone have a favourite tried and tested recipe please?
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.  ~Leonard Louis Levinson

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
Re: Creep Feed Mix recipes please!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:43:17 pm »
aliment agneaux la paysanne or point vert
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

PetiteGalette

• Joined Dec 2011
Re: Creep Feed Mix recipes please!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 03:53:17 pm »
Thanks Kanisha - you're a mine of information :-*
A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.  ~Leonard Louis Levinson

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS