Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: pregnant GG won't eat more  (Read 11436 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: pregnant GG won't eat more
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 10:13:27 pm »
And  a hot drink..., a few goat books...

Mine has just polished off a banana, an apple and wee bit of readigrass, but wouldn't eat her sugarbeet... so I don't think it's tonight...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 11:15:32 pm »
I'm wishing my girl was pregnant.  Exciting times.  Never mind, this time next year.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 07:02:42 am »
did a 2.45am check and nothing happening so with full peace of mind managed to go back to sleep  :)
secretly really enjoyed being out there middle of the night and seeing what all my animals and all the wildlife are up to! (apart from the insects  :P  )
how's yours Anke? shall we run a book on which one kids first both being due mothers day?  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 08:25:52 am »
awww - lets hope not long to wait now ....

countrywoman

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2012, 02:07:55 pm »
I'm memorising all the signs mentioned above, ready for my turn at the night watch!

Hope all goes well with these imminent kiddings - dying to see the results...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 09:18:31 pm »
did a 2.45am check and nothing happening so with full peace of mind managed to go back to sleep  :)
secretly really enjoyed being out there middle of the night and seeing what all my animals and all the wildlife are up to! (apart from the insects  :P  )
how's yours Anke? shall we run a book on which one kids first both being due mothers day?  ;D

Maybe I won that one... triplets this evening at 6pm. She was not that keen on her breakfast and then later on wouldn't lie down.... started in earnest about lunchtime, and I have been in the goatshed all afternoon - I am frozen solid! At least I had a comfy chair, my goatbooks and Radio 3 to keep me company - Matilda has been STANDING up ALL DAY. She did the whole pawing the ground thingy, but all pushing was done while standing... What a girl.

Oh, two males and a female. Female quite small, so not sure if she 'll make it. All had good feed from the bottle (Matilda will not do the earthmother thing and breastfeed.., but otherwise very attentive). back down last thing tonight for another feed... Did I miss the late night feeds??? or didn't I????

Hope yours gets down to it soon!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2012, 09:31:24 pm »
Congratulations on the triplets  :thumbsup: fingers crossed for the little girl  :-*

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2012, 11:25:13 pm »
Congratulations, Anke.  Hope the little girl picks up.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 06:55:42 am »
Yay! well done Matilda (and Anke!!)  sounds like labour went really well (and in daylight hours - bonus!) really hope the little girl makes it  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 11:48:15 am »
Little girl (Cassandra, or Cassie for short) is fine. We did go down at 2.30am for another quick feed, I was preparing to just tube her, but she did take a good feed. This morning full of beans.... and now sleeping in their little cave (aka a big cardboard box on its side with some straw in). I will try and take some photos later, but have come down with horrible cold and feeling very under the weather.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 05:08:15 pm »
Poor you.  Hope you feel better soon.  Glad Cassie is doing well.  Should I use a box for my kid when she arrives?  She's been in a pen with several other kids in an enclosed barn so surrounded by other goats.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 06:11:38 pm »
Poor you.  Hope you feel better soon.  Glad Cassie is doing well.  Should I use a box for my kid when she arrives?  She's been in a pen with several other kids in an enclosed barn so surrounded by other goats.

Put one in and see if she uses it, she will certainly jump onto it... I would also make sure that her pen allows her to see and sniff her new goat companions and once she is settled and if they all get on outside she may be happily share a pen with the others...

countrywoman

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 07:02:51 pm »
Great to read that all three are thriving - good idea about cardboard box/cave, must keep an eye out for a strong one.

Sorry you are ill, perhaps getting chilled during the waiting phase brought it on.  How often are you bottle feeding?  How long does it take?  Trying to get myself ready for possibly needing to do the same but cannot work out dealing with triplets...

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »
congratulations :thumbsup:  hope they continue to grow strong :)
Little Blue

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 09:25:12 pm »

Put one in and see if she uses it, she will certainly jump onto it... I would also make sure that her pen allows her to see and sniff her new goat companions and once she is settled and if they all get on outside she may be happily share a pen with the others...

I'm going to partition the shed with sheep hurdles and partition the yard as well.  She'll be inside most of the time but I'' put her out every so often to get used to it, so long as it's warmish.  Hopefully it won't take them long to get used to each other but I don't trust Curry.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS