Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone good at working logical things out washing machine probs  (Read 3887 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
hiya all am normal realy good with workig out logical things but for the life of me i can't get the washing machine door open.
This isnt my normal washing machine ( think it was built not long after the ark, lol)

I got it doing all the normal washing machine jobs but for the live of me can't get the door open at the end of the washing cycle has anyone else used this machine in the past or has any idea. I just want to do a simple basic wash and then open the door.
H                       E                  L                     P
here are some is a picture (am starting to think that the machine is playing an april fool's on me)
more pictures can be found on my flickr page not to bore you all with machine machine pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/fluffywelshsheep/

there is no way i can do all the washing by hand !!!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:01:22 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: Anyone good at working logical things out washing machine probs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 06:45:09 pm »
Linz,
 It looks like there's still a bit of water in the door. Check the "fluff trap" for want of a better word,and that it is draining properly, ie no kinks in the hose etc. Usually,most washing machines take a couple of minutes to equalise the pressure, after pumping out the water,to release the suction seal around the door.It should then open,if your machine isn't draining properly,then the vacuum seal won't break,keeping the door shut. Either that,or it's kapput! Best I can do,don't force it,get a bigger hammer........ Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 07:04:29 pm »
lol, my dad did say i should kick it lol .
i have solved it know
by drum roll please

turning it off on the wall at the end of a cycle.

Bring back my old washing machine please !!!!!!

sandy

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:42:10 pm »
Is your draining pipe up high enough, I have had similar problems, the door will not open if it has not finished it's cycle, you should check that there is not something trapped where the filter for the pump is, I have found Bra wires, money and nailes etc, all will stop the pup working properly......hope you gt it working as NO washing machine is the worstest thing possible >:(

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:55:05 pm »
i got it working by turning it off at the wall at the end of a cycle, i'll get hubby to check the filters tomorra also been recommend to check the waste pipe.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 09:33:34 pm »
Bring back the mangle!

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 09:42:01 pm »
lol.. it was my job till I was about 15 or so , to put everything through the mangle. There was 7 of us kids and mum and dad ...and no washing machine till then, my poor ole mum ..she did all the washing by hand . I do all my washing by hand now ..wish I still had the mangle though ....

cheers

Russ

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 06:30:48 am »
usually coins ,screws ,nails, in the filter, pump, that you unscrew at the bottom of machine then holds water creates door problems, we find its best to take a deep breath kick the machine in several places and shout and swear at it, even more fun can be had when full load is inside with most of the water still in then trying to drain it all out of silly small tube underneath machine because the door wont open.

sandy

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:49:24 am »
Brough back a funny memory, I was at work when the washing machine repair man came to mend our machine that had a similar problem, he said to my Dyslexic partner " is there a lady in the house?" my partner said "no" the repair man went quiet as he took a Bra wire out from the pump compartment, Steve did not get it! :D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 10:12:13 am »
lol,
i am now worried what could be in this filter and hoses as it was 2nd hand for use and been sitting in a friends garage for  long time.
my imagination is running wild lol

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS