Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chocolate and Chestnut Cake  (Read 8135 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Chocolate and Chestnut Cake
« on: January 27, 2008, 12:09:20 pm »
250g boiled or roasted chestnuts,peeled
250ml full-fat milk
250g unsalted butter,plus extra for greasing
250g dark chocolate,70% cocoa solids
4 large eggs,seperated
125g caster sugar
raspberries,cream and chocolate to serve

Preheat oven to 160*C/140*C Fan or Gas Mark 3. Grease a 22cm round loose-based tin. Put the chestnuts and milk in a small pan,bring to a boil and simmer for one minute,then remove from heat. Puree the lot in a blender or with a hand held thingy whizzermagig!

Put butter and chocolate in a bain marie,leave until melted,remove from heat and stir in pureed chestnut mixture.

Whisk the egg whites until stiff,add half the sugar and whisk again. Put the yolks and remaining sugar in a seperate bowl and whisk til pale.

Stir the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate mixture. Fold in egg white mixture. Put in prepared cake tin. Leave in fridge til cold and remove form tin. Serve with raspberries,whipped cream and grated chocolate.

This reputedly serves 10 portions at 500 calories a slice!  ;D
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Chocolate and Chestnut Cake
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:45:01 pm »
Can you use tinned chestnuts?

Rosemary

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:30:44 pm »
I guess you could use tinned chestnuts,I've never had them though. I was a bit late posting this,as the season is over now. Hope it works out for you ok........ Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 09:03:28 am »
I am going to buy the chocolate for this during the week - have raspberries in the freezer thank goodness and as it happens I also have fresh chesnuts in the freezer. They took half a day to process for very little in the bag, but having forgotton them at Christmas I am pleased to be able to put them to good use.

My only problem is that I have put on half a stone reading the recipe!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 07:00:02 pm »
I can't buy the chocolate in advance.... Buy it, bake it or it mysteriously disappears

Rosemary

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS