Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bottled gas hobs? (also posted in Buildings section)  (Read 2139 times)

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
Bottled gas hobs? (also posted in Buildings section)
« on: March 04, 2012, 02:49:28 pm »
Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but thought I would give it a try.

I am thinking of installing a bottled gas hob separately from the electric oven. Does anyone have any experience of this? If so, can the gas canisters be inside or do we have to connect the hob to external canisters?

Mount-B

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Nr Cupar
Re: Bottled gas hobs? (also posted in Buildings section)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:16:40 pm »
we did this last year, you need a qualified LPG fitter to do all the checks and install your regulator. There are regs  that dictate where the gas bottles can be sighted. Worthwhile though, we get a year out of one 19kg bottle.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:17:41 pm »
Thanks for the advice Mount-B. I must admit, I am looking forward to the cost savings.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 04:28:36 pm »
We got a new range with electric ovens and a conversion kit supplied for the 7 gas rings. We have a utility room the other side of the kitchen where the cylinder sits - rubber hose onto a fixed (sleeved) copper pipe that goes thru a 1 meter thick wall then connected at the back of the cooker with the flex hose supplied with the cooker.
We cook a lot and are on the 3rd  small cylinders in a year. The flame seems a lot hotter than town gas so make sure that you have good "fine" control on the cooker.

you will need the conversion kit for cylinders.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS