Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sausage Recipes Pls  (Read 3686 times)

Pocagranja

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Raiguero Bajo, Murcia, Spain
Sausage Recipes Pls
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:33:45 pm »
Has anyone got any different pork sausage recipes such as spicy ones, German, Italian or garlic sausage.  I fancy making something different from boring sage & onion!

robert waddell

Re: Sausage Recipes Pls
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:03:13 pm »
it would appear it is a need to know basis we know and you don't need to know
what ever you fancy to flavour your sausage meat the list is endless   but don't go making a huge amount that even your dog wont eat     start with a few pounds of meat add what ever flavour you want but only in small quantity's mix thouroughly try a small sample in the frying pan and adjust accordingly to your taste and keep a note of all quantity's and volumes    you have to take the scientific approach to making sausages
no more help or assistance given :farmer:

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:48:16 pm »
I don't have any recipes for those you mention, we like our usual nutmeg / green herbs combination. Have a look on some of the sausage making websites, or read the ingredients list on the back of shop bought sausages e.g. Waitrose have quite a collection, we've used their apple sausage as a starting point, for example.
When experimenting, make a burger first before filling meters of casings - nothing more annoying than kilo's of sausages that don't quite taste right.  ;)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 04:21:41 pm »
We wanted to make Toulouse sausage - but read so many odd recipes that in the end we bought a mix on line when we ordered the skins. They came out so good that we will only use them when we have a duck ( cassoulet).
We have some salami dry curring but it is a bit longer to hang before we taste.
Let me know if you want the www of the sausage mix company and I will PM.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »
this is your mission should you choose to accept it.........................

1kg minced pork with some fat in it, best quality you can get!
1 tsp each salt and fresh ground white pepper
40g fresh made bread crumbs
2 egg yolks
goodpinch to taste of nutmeg, cloves, mace,
some fresh or dried thyme,
if you like it spicy then add some red pepper flakes or chilli powder.

mix everything together and cover and put in the fridge for 24 hours minimum but 48 is better. i make them into meatball myself but i have made this into sausages too.

p.s it makes a great forcemeat for stuffings etc.

this message will self destruct in 5-4-3-2-
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 06:31:12 pm »
or if you like Italian meatballs
Make your favourite tomatoes sauce ( don't forget the sugar and add some chili).
For the polpetti use either minced veal ( you Can use pork), bread soaked in milk then squeezed dry, crushed garlic, parmessan, nutmeg, egg yolk, oregano or flat parsley and spice it up with chili flakes if you want.  Salt and pepper.
Roll in a small ball then dust the polpetina in seasoned flour before frying all and chuck in in your tomtoes sauce.
get the past on then throw it all together with your preferred grated cheese. If I use penne then I put in the oven to et the cheese going.

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS