Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what to do with a swimming pool  (Read 8386 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: what to do with a swimming pool
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 05:48:12 pm »
got the pool finished today with my boys help. pics to follow soon!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 09:50:41 am »
Would love to see pics Phil!  :)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 01:54:20 pm »
right this is where we are today,

and this is what i started with in 2008,

1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 06:17:41 pm »
started planting out the oregano thyme and cardoons today. looks a little empty but think it may fill up a bit as the growing season get under way proper!

deepinthewoods

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2012, 06:21:47 pm »
i have to be honest here phil, but if id had a swimming pool when i was a kid, and my dad had filled it up to plant herbs in, id be well p.....d off!!

so maybe plant some blauschokker peas, theyre lovely ;) :wave:

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 07:23:50 pm »
i have to be honest here phil, but if id had a swimming pool when i was a kid, and my dad had filled it up to plant herbs in, id be well p.....d off!!

so maybe plant some blauschokker peas, theyre lovely ;) :wave:

hahaha, i know what you mean but the season before we filled it it was only used to swim in 4 times. that and the fact that running a pool costs money! lots of money and i just wanted to get my old Dad Ronzie away from the side of it! he is a bit wobbly and it started to scare me. we had the pool for 35 years and it was such a part of my life! one year at christmas we broke the ice up and i got in! not for long mind! still feels weird walking around on the deep end without getting wet!  :D

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 08:17:47 pm »
Did you not fancy some aquaculture then?  ;)

deepinthewoods

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 08:19:35 pm »
or some hydroponics? ;)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 08:42:29 pm »
lol, you guys!  :D

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 09:56:12 am »
Did you not fancy some aquaculture then?  ;)

lol, the amount of rain we have had here the last 2 weeks it is a bit like aquaculture! thinking of putting some watercress in!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS