Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 9 day old lambs - lamlac  (Read 5755 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
9 day old lambs - lamlac
« on: March 10, 2012, 05:21:16 pm »
my orphans are 9 days old today. the instructions on the lamlac website are suggesting they should be onto 1500mls each of lamlac a day over 4 feeds, that's 375 mls each?!
have I misread or miscalculated?! this seems a lot to me!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: 9 day old lambs - lamlac
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:32:27 pm »
Its ok - I've re-read it - I missed the word 'Max'. phew, not going bonkers then. its says 8 days to weaning - Max. I'm full of virus and cold and tired  ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:38:04 pm »
Sounds like your lambs are fine but sending hugs for you  :-*

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:38:03 pm »
Thanks Jaykay! can't believe how poorly this bug has made me feel. Am just about managing all these feeds for the lambs and keeping everything crossed that Puffin keeps her legs crossed and doesn't have her kids yet! comes to something when I can't even work out a lamlac packet really  ::)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 07:50:29 pm »
Don't worry PE I have to read the packets at least 3 times and confirm with a fourth check before making up - after 3-4 weeks I'm back in the routine again  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »
When I was helping out at the farm across the road, they brought in Lamlac from France as it was cheaper. There's nothing like trying to revive rusty French to read instructions with a pen full of bawling lambs!
Hope the bug goes away soon., PE.We've had a horrible one - a really flu-like cold with fever that's taking ages to go and leaves you with no spare energy.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 07:02:15 am »
 ;D  it might as well have been in French with me trying to translate it yesterday!   Feeling slightly brighter today despite youngest child waking me up by being sick all over me  :o   I did first half of sick duty, hubby second half. I've a feeling I will be finding a lot of sheets to be washed in a bit....

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 06:52:46 pm »
Oh yuk! I remember that well! We had one holiday when oldest son had a stomach bug and there was no washing machine. Not much of a holiday....

Tomorrow will be better, you'll see.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS